CHI Student Services: Our Warm Welcome
The CHI Warm Welcome is our promise:
• to provide you with appealing accommodation in Canada;
• to make a terrific match with a caring host family, and
• to stay in close contact for the duration of your visit in Canada.
Our promise is good for everyone in the CHI Homestay Program. It means our clients arrive in Canada to a supportive home environment, and are offered assistance at every stage of your visit in Canada. After their visit, many of our hosts and their students remain friends for life.
Before departure, CHI will:
• Help you apply for homestay;
• Send you a host profile with information on the host family selected for you;
• Send you documents about Canadian culture and the keys to successful experience in homestay.
On arrival and during the period of the homestay, CHI will:
• Provide a formal orientation to prepare you for homestay;
• Ensure that you are supported as you learn to take public transit, access a health clinic, open a bank account, and so on;
• Talk to you during first month to see how you are adjusting to school and homestay;
• Help you communicate effectively with your homestay host and resolve difficulties, as required;
• Meet with you whenever you need to talk;
• Provide 24-hour support to you, in the event of an emergency.
Current Fees for the 2013 calendar year are as follows:
Please note: all rates are quoted for each 28-day period are are subject to change without notice. Not all options below are available in all communities or all programs.
|Standard Service Fee - non refundable||$350||$450||$450||$750||$220||$300||$100|
|Half Board||$700||$770||N/A||$700||$725||$800||Not Available|
|Airport Pickup||$100||$125||$150||$95||$95||$95||$0||Private Bathroom||$150||$150||$150||$150||$150||$195||$0|
CHI Custodianship Services
CHI will provide custodianship services as required by Citizen and Immigration Canada for study permits. Please contact us for more information and rates.