CHN is a growing and dynamic company that manages international student homestay programs for leading educators across Canada. Its local Relationship Managers provide their students and hosts and all the other stakeholders involved with orientation and support, 24x7. The company's success is based on its reputation for thorough due diligence, "going the extra mile" and its dedicated, loyal and trustworthy staff who demonstrate genuine care, honesty, dependability, integrity, growth and teamwork.
Interviewer and Relationship Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director of Canada Homestay International (CHN) the Interviewer/Relationship Manager (RM) plays a critical role in ensuring the overall success of the homestay program in their community. The RM has the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with international students, host families, and school personnel. This position requires sound and reliable judgment as all decisions affect students, hosts, schools and, ultimately, CHN’s client relationships and presence in the community. Interviewers conduct one of the most important aspects of our work: recruiting and screening host families. As an organzation, our reputation depends on the quality of our hosts.
To perform the duties of the job, flexible working hours are required including weekdays, weeknights and weekends. This position requires a home office setup that allows for work to be performed without unnecessary distractions, with a reliable high speed internet connection.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience working full time in a cross-cultural environment with community agencies or in an educational setting. The candidate must have cultural awareness and experience living overseas is considered an asset.
The Relationship Manager component of this position is generally considered secondary to the interviewer role, and is included in the job description to ensure that candidates are interested in, and prepared for, offering backup support and vacation coverage to the primary RM in the area. Depending on the community, the RM role may grow into a full time position as student registrations increase. Please speak to our HR team for more details about the prospects for your area.
• Develop a local network of host families through a variety of marketing efforts;
• Screen and personally interview potential host families and conduct all follow-up due diligence;
• Select suitable host families for all new students, while ensuring that host availability, matching criteria, and student preferences are observed;
• Correspond on a regular basis with hosts, students, agents, and/or schools;
• Ensure that relevant and timely notes are accurately recorded in the company database;
• Regularly review host profiles for accuracy of information in accordance with applicable privacy laws;
• Continually develop relationships with both new and existing hosts in the region;
• Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with regional hosts, schools and school board staff;
• Support the regional team with relocations, host education, student orientation, and school visits;
• Collaborate with regional colleagues, host families and students in working through issues regarding homestay problems and cultural differences and respond to crisis situations in a prompt and caring manner;
• Perform other assigned duties that are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description;
• Maintain professional, friendly, and prompt service at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Working knowledge of general office procedures
• Working knowledge of spreadsheet, word and database software products
• Demonstrated ability to compose effective business correspondence
• Demonstrated ability to work independently; taking initiative and discretion in determining priorities
• Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
• Demonstrated positive interpersonal and communication skills including conflict resolution
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team and maintain relationships with others
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with the local community
• Knowledge of homestay policies and procedures
• Knowledge of international students and their cultures
• An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
• Ability to successfully obtain a police clearance
• Ability to work flexible hours as necessary
• Fluency in French is considered mandatory for positions in Quebec and Ottawa
• Fluency in another language (especially Mandarin) is a strong asset. Additional duties in 1st language support may be assigned to these candidates.
In addition, all Interviewers/Relationship Managers must have:
* readily accessible and cost effective transportation appropriate for these responsibilities;
* a cell phone for emergency support;
* a digital camera.
* appropriate home office environment including a scanner and high speed internet access.
In order to meet all family members in their home, most interviews must be conducted on weeknights and weekends. This is a part-time position, with an expectation that the Interviewer will be available to conduct an average of 5 interviews per week. Each interview, including data entry and follow-up, should take about 2-3 hours for experienced interviewers (not including travel time). Interviewers are not reimbursed separately for gas or mileage on their vehicles.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate personal integrity and transparent motives consistent with CHN's vision and mission. They will have a ready acceptance of their personal and corporate accountability for stewardship of the common good and perseverance to achieve satisfactory outcomes.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate appropriate technical skills and computer efficiency. The job requires a very high level of computer literacy in a Mac OSX environment, dealing with a sophisticated database and other applications.
• Group benefits (medical, dental, extended health, life insurance) for employees who work more
than 20 hours per week; and
• The ability to telecommute from home.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and a covering letter stating your salary expectations by 5:00pm PST on the closing date to:
hr at canadahomestayinternational.com
SUBMITTED RESUMES SHOULD BE SAVED IN .doc, .docx OR .pdf FORMAT WITH YOUR NAME IN THE FILENAME (for example: Joe_Smith.doc).
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS WILL ONLY BE CONTACTED IF THEY ARE SELECTED TO PROCEED FURTHER IN THE PROCESS.
CANADA HOMESTAY NETWORK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.