CHN is a growing and dynamic company that manages international student homestay programs for leading educators across Canada. Its local Relationship Managers provide their students and hosts and all the other stakeholders involved with orientation and support, 24x7. The company's success is based on its reputation for thorough due diligence, "going the extra mile" and its dedicated, loyal and trustworthy staff who demonstrate genuine care, honesty, dependability, integrity, growth and teamwork.
Data Entry Clerk
CHN’s Data Entry Clerk is responsible for ensuring the overall success of the program by contributing to the integrity of the company’s database. The Data Entry Clerk will be able to demonstrate personal integrity and transparent motives consistent with CHNs vision and mission. They will have a ready acceptance of their personal and corporate accountability for stewardship of the common good and perseverance to achieve satisfactory outcomes.
The Data Entry Clerk will also demonstrate appropriate technical skills and computer efficiency. The job requires a very high level of computer literacy in a Mac OSX environment, dealing with a sophisticated database and other applications. The Data Entry Clerk must work from home and have high-speed internet access.
• Communicate with the Regional Team on at least a weekly basis;
• Maintain data integrity in the company database on a regular basis;
• Provide office support through tasks such as data entry, scanning and uploading documents to the database, conducting reference checks on potential hosts, and so on;
• Manage flight arrival and departure logistics for students which may include data entry, communicating with stakeholders in a timely manner using CHN tools and forms, and notifying hosts by email and/or telephone regarding flight arrival information;
• Attend CHN training seminars, workshops and AGMs;
• Contribute to the further development of CHN’s corporate and individual intellectual property, through suggestions for improvements in our systems and procedures;
• Participate in CHN’s annual performance review and planning process in consultation with the Managing Director;
• Any other duties assigned to you by the Managing Director of CHN.
You understand that CHN may, from time to time and in its discretion, change your responsibilities and this Job Description due to our business needs.
You are also expected to do the following:• Submit, on a bi-monthly basis, claims for hours worked and related expenses;
• Maintain records of all kilometres traveled on behalf of CHN outside of their designated area (given approval to do so by CHN); and
• Retain copies of all receipts associated with such services as photo copying, postage etc. relating to CHN business.
• Group benefits (medical, dental, extended health, life insurance) for employees who work more
than 20 hours per week; and
• The ability to telecommute from home.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and a covering letter stating your salary expectations by 5:00pm PST on the closing date to:
hr at canadahomestayinternational.com
SUBMITTED RESUMES SHOULD BE SAVED IN .doc, .docx OR .pdf FORMAT WITH YOUR NAME IN THE FILENAME (for example: Joe_Smith.doc).
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS WILL ONLY BE CONTACTED IF THEY ARE SELECTED TO PROCEED FURTHER IN THE PROCESS.
CANADA HOMESTAY INTERNATIONAL IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.